It is important that children stay safe online and tell an adult about anything that makes them feel worried or uncomfortable. Click on the link below to Think U Know, a site dedicated to educating children, parents and teachers about on to keep children safe online.
Autumn 1 - We are game developers
We are learning to develop an interactive game. You will learn...
- to think about and plan the type of game you want to develop.
- create backgrounds and sprites, and record sound effects, dialogue (and possibly backing music) for your game.
- start programming your game.
- correct the problems (bugs) in your game.
- test your game and receive feedback on it.
- write instructions and publish your game.
Autumn 2 - We are cryptographers
We are learning about communicating information securely. In this unit you will:
- Send and receive messages in semaphore
- Lean about - and use - Morse Code
- Create secret messages and crack codes.
- Create and crack more complicated codes.
- Find out the importance of having a secure password.
- Learn how to stay safe on the web.
Spring 1 - We are artists
We are learning to fuse geometry and art. You will learn to...
- Create simple tessellations using Inkscape.
- Make more complex tessellations.
- Use Scratch to create Islamic-style art.
- Use Inkscape to create art in the later style of Bridget Riley.
- Use Inkscape to create art in the early style of Bridget Riley.
- Create landscapes in Terragen Classic
Spring 2 - We are web developers
We are learning to create a website about e-safety. In this unit you will:
- Discuss ideas for creating your website.
- Learn how Search works.
- Build your web pages.
- Add artwork, audio and video to your pages.
- Review, and help improve, each other’s pages.
- Collect final feedback and publish your site.
Summer 1 - We are bloggers
We are learning to share experiences and opinions. In this unit you will:
- Find out what makes a good blog.
- Write a blog post.
- Comment on one another’s blog posts.
- Add images to a blog post.
- Insert audio or video to a blog post.
- Write blog posts about an event as it happens!
Summer 2 - We are poets
We are learning to create an animated poem using decomposition. You will learn...
- to decompose a problem by designing and writing (incuding debugging)
- to present a program and decompose an animation