Autumn 1 - We are data analysts
We are learning to create data that provides good quality information. You will learn...
- asking & creating good questions
- how to create a survey using web tools
- the implications of collecting data on internet safety.
- how to create charts and graphs from your data
Autumn 2 - We are programmers
We are learning to create a simple computer game based on the stone age. You will learn...
- how to use the Scratch interface
- creating backgrounds and sprites
- programming and animating your sprites based on user input
- expanding your game using sound
Autumn 3 - We are collaborators
We are learning to work together using web-based tools to create maps of our local area. You will learn...
- how groups and individuals communicate using online technologies
- e-safety implications of online communication
- how a shared space works
- to create GIFs using a graphics program
Spring 1 - We are animators
We are learning to compose simple animations. You will learn...
- to create a storyboard
- how to animate characters
- how to add sounds to your animation
- ways to improve and extend animations
Spring 2 - We are bug fixers
We are learning to find and correct bugs in programs. You will learn...
Summer 1 - We are explorers
We are learning to explore rivers and the water cycle using online tools. You will learn...
- how to use google maps
- ways of searching the internet to find reliable information
- being safe when searching and using online tools
- to create an animation of the water cycle using web tools
Summer 2 - We are network engineers
We are learning to explore computer networks including the internet. You will learn...
- about the hardware that connects computers.
- how data is transmitted via the internet.
- how to use ping, ipconfig and tracert commands.
- the implications of how networks work on internet safety.