Poetry - HARVEST FESTIVAL
We have been learning about descriptive free verse poetry. These poems use lots of descriptive techniques to describe including...
* ADJECTIVES: describing words (Eg. bright, colourful, beautiful)
* ADVERBS: words that describe how, often ending in -ly (Eg. slowly, calmly, beautifully)
* ALLITERATION: a phrase where both words start with the same letter or sound (Eg. perfect pumpkin, super squash)
* ONOMATOPOEIA: sounds (Eg. squish, crunch, whoosh)
* SIMILES: describing one thing 'like' or 'as' something else (Eg. standing straight like soldiers, a river as bendy as a snake)
We are writing poems describing the different fruits and vegetables that are harvested at this time of year.
If you are a new parent, considering our school for your child, please contact Mrs Norton in our school office to arrange a tour. We still have Nursery places for this year - 2022-23! Please contact the school office for an application form.
Find us using what3words directions: count.orange.pulse