Poetry - HARVEST FESTIVAL
We have been learning about descriptive free verse poetry. These poems use lots of descriptive techniques to describe including...
* ADJECTIVES: describing words (Eg. bright, colourful, beautiful)
* ADVERBS: words that describe how, often ending in -ly (Eg. slowly, calmly, beautifully)
* ALLITERATION: a phrase where both words start with the same letter or sound (Eg. perfect pumpkin, super squash)
* ONOMATOPOEIA: sounds (Eg. squish, crunch, whoosh)
* SIMILES: describing one thing 'like' or 'as' something else (Eg. standing straight like soldiers, a river as bendy as a snake)
We are writing poems describing the different fruits and vegetables that are harvested at this time of year.